Lead Back-end Engineer (nodeJS)
With our Hungarian development partner we contribute to the re-design and refactoring of a complex web service for our client.
The client is an international company that retails and distributes tickets for music, festival, theater, sport, comedy and lifestyle events working with more than 5,000 clients globally. They are planning to expand their services to the US that motives the re-design and refactoring of a legacy system to a scalable software.
Your task will be the planning and development of the new back-end architecture in co-operation with the business, front-end development and the QA team.
You will also be responsible for a small, 2-member back-end team.
The development follows the scrum methodology with weekly sprints.
We are looking for a senior back-end developer with the following skills and competencies:
- Solid knowledge of nodeJS (actively used for the past two years)
- Experience with microservice architecture and developing scalable software
- Fluent English (written and verbal)
- Previous experience working in a remote, distributed team
- Familiar with the whole development life cycle, seeing the big picture
- AWS is a plus
However, previous team leadership experience is not required, it is important to have experience in mentoring and coordinating less experienced colleagues.
Please note that this is a fixed-term opportunity for 3 years. We are looking for a contractor who can dedicate time for the project every day, at least 20 hours/week.